What are Requirements for Pilots to be Certified through Basic Med?
"The most recent medical certificate held by the third class FAA airman including a special issuance certificate must not have been denied, suspended, revoked, or withdrawn."Other requirements of the third class airman are:
- must hold or have held a first, second or third class certificate issued by the FAA anytime after July 14, 2006
- possess a valid driver’s license
- give consent to a National Driver Register check
- have taken a Basic Med online medical education course within the past 24 calendar months
- have completed a comprehensive medical examination with any state-licensed physician within the past 48 months
- not fly for compensation or hire